Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Who Am I, and why am I writing this?

Hi, my name is Mark Ring and I’m a 52-year old football coach from San Diego, CA. I’ve been coaching at the varsity level or above since 1991. My high school stops were: San Clemente, Westminster La Quinta, Fountain Valley & San Diego Point Loma. I’ve coached the following men’s semi-pro teams: San Diego Patriots, San Diego Stallions and the National City Bears. Finally, and most relevant to this blog, I’ve coached the SoCal Scorpions and the San Diego Surge of the women’s game.

Over the years I’ve been an offensive line coach mostly, but also a defensive line coach, an offensive coordinator, a special teams coordinator, a running backs coach and a head coach.

I’ve had the good fortune to win a national championship as an offensive coordinator (WPFL 2007) and as a special teams coordinator (WFA 2012). I also participated in another national championship (WFA 2011) and won a men’s league title as an offensive coordinator (CFA 2012).

So, that is who I am. Why am I writing this? Primarily just to pass along some of the tidbits I’ve picked up over the years. I’ve been blessed to work with a lot of great coaches, and gotten the opportunity to learn from an awful lot of them as well.

The vast majority of my topics are going to be on what I know best – offensive scheme development and offensive line play. But after each weekend’s games, there will be some items that I see that I’ll also comment on, and I hope that any ensuing discussions will be both lively and helpful to all.

Please feel free to drop me an e-mail with comments, suggestions or topics. Let’s have some fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment